Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ravens win a wild one in Dallas

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

So that happened. I'll give my full report card tomorrow, but I would like to make a quick note here first. I was amazed and inspired by the performance given by the Ravens in this game. Was it pretty? No. Was it convincing? Not really. Did they get a few pieces of good fortune? Certainly yes.

But this game represented unselfish, disciplined, team football. While the Cowboys continually looked frenetic on offense and defense, the Ravens kept a cool head on all sides of the football. Through the failed drives and missed blocks the offense kept its composure and never blinked. When you do that, when you don't commit stupid penalties, and when you play as a unit great things happen.

I don't know if you can characterize this as a great team. But you can certainly call it a team, in the truest sense of the word. That's quite honestly something of a first around here.

No comments: